National Genealogical Society
The National Genealogical Society (NGS) is a non-profit American genealogical organization founded in 1903. It is a national society for all genealogists, from beginner to professionals. The NGS serves its members by:
- Providing genealogical skill development through education, information, publications, research assistance, and networking opportunities;
- Establishing and promoting the highest standards of ethical research and scholarly practice;
- Establishing important links with other groups worldwide;
- Providing depth and breadth of knowledge and opportunities for its members;
- Creating programs to increase public awareness of family history; and,
- Promoting interest in the field of genealogy and family history.
Since 1912, the National Genealogical Society has published a genealogical journal, National Genealogical Society Quarterly (NGSQ).
For more information, see http://www.ngsgenealogy.org