Maine Vital Records on Microfilm
Birth, marriage and death records have been centralized in Augusta since 1892.
You can look at 1892-1955 vital records free on microfilm in several places in Maine:
- Augusta, Maine State Archives, next door to the Capitol, usually open 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Orono, University of Maine Fogler Library. Get microfilm in microforms room on first floor and take to microfilm reading room. Open seven days a week when school is in session, check hours at 581-1664. Evenings and weekends are a good time to go because parking is less of an issue.
- Searsport, Penobscot Marine Museum.
- Presque Isle, University of Maine at Presque Isle Library.
- Portland, Maine Historical Society.
- Portland, Portland Public Library.
In addition, copies of the same microfilms are available at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City and may be rented at any local LDS Family History Center.