Chula Vista Genealogical Society
The Chula Vista Genealogical Society (CVGS) is a non-profit genealogical society based in Chula Vista, California, in south San Diego County. The purpose of the society is to promote general interest in the related fields of genealogy and family history by individual and group effort, including:
- Encouraging the exchange of research information
- Coordinating research activities
- Educating members to assist others in research
- Acquiring and organizing research materials
- Acquisition of books, manuscripts and materials for the Chula Vista Public Library
The Society is governed by elected Officers and an appointed Board of Directors.
All meetings are held in the Chula Vista Civic Center Branch Library (365 F Street, Chula Vista CA 91910). Regular CVGS meetings include:
- A Research Group meeting at 12 noon on the second Wednesday of each month to discuss research problems , questions and successes.
- A Computer Group meeting at 12 noon on the third Wednesday of each month to demonstrate genealogy software, explore genealogy websites and answer computer related questions.
- A Program Meeting at 12 noon on the last Wednesday of each month with a speaker on a genealogy or family history topic.
- A Spring Seminar in April and a Fall Seminar in October with one or more speakers on genealogy or family history topics.